“Caffeine is my shepherd; I shall not doze.
It maketh me to wake in green pastures:
It leadeth me beyond the sleeping masses.
It restoreth my buzz:
It leadeth me in the paths of consciousness for its name’s sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of addiction,
I will fear no Equal™:
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me.
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of The Starbucks:
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over.
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life:
And I will dwell in the House of Mochas forever.” ~Author Unknown
- milk – 10 oz.
- orange-flavored syrup – 1 oz.
- chocolate syrup – 1 1/2 oz.
- hazelnut-flavored syrup – 1 oz.
- hot, fresh espresso or strong coffee – 2-3 oz.
- caramel syrup – garnish
- Steam the milk in a saucepan with a flexible, loose wired whisk or hand-mixer, or with a steam wand from an espresso machine.
- In a cup, mix 3 oz. of the milk with the orange-flavored syrup, to produce orange foam.
- In a separate cup, mix 3 oz. of the milk with 1 oz. of the chocolate syrup and 1/2 oz. of the hazelnut flavored syrup, to produce tan colored foam.
- Into a clear, tall, tapered tempered 16 oz. glass:
Layer 1: Pour 1/2 oz. of the chocolate syrup
Layer 2: Pour 1/2 oz. of the hazelnut syrup
Layer 3: Very slowly pour or spoon 2 oz. of the plain steamed milk
Layer 4: Very slowly pour or spoon 3 oz. of the orange-colored milk
Layer 5: Very slowly pour or spoon 3 oz. of the tan-colored milk
Layer 6: Very slowly pour or spoon the remaining 2 oz. of the plain steamed milk
Layer 7: Very slowly pour the espresso down the center of the entire layered drink.
5. Starting in the center, drizzle caramel syrup in a spiral motion on top.
Important: As you pour in the espresso, keep the drink still so the coffee will create buoyant, separated, colorful layers.